Sunday, June 23, 2013

Back to North Dakota...

I didn't want to leave very bad. We spent so much time on the go and things were finally calming down, that it felt like we just got there! 

We were planning to make a pit stop at Mt. Rushmore on the way home. Instead we rerouted and took the kids to Nauvoo! I love going new places and seeing new scenery! 

 I drove from Cove to Texarkana! Dallas was a mess!! The rain was awful! 


I couldn't believe how think the trees were in Arkansas! I loved it!!

Then we went through Missouri. 
I finally crossed the Mississippi River! I've been in almost every state west of the Mississippi, but I've never crossed it!! I couldn't get a good picture of it from the car. But we crossed some pretty neat bridges.


We stayed in night just North of St. Louis! Ron was too antsy to get to the hotel to do any site seeing...so this is the best I could get!


The next morning he was in no hurry at all to get to Nauvoo! We took all the back roads to get there. Which was gorgeous,  


but google maps doesn't show you which roads have access ramps to the interstate! We were only going to be in Nauvoo for the day and I was the antsy one to get there! But...we finally made it to Nauvoo!!

Some of the bridges...since I forgot to add them in at the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment